The popular 3D game Sims 4 is one of the most downloaded games on Earth. The games have been sold in more than 200 million copies, a huge number. The game includes heavy packs and mods with so many assets, more than 25GB in normal that shows how big is the sims 4. So, if you want to play this game, the first thing you have to do is keep some space on your PC or laptop.
How Much Space Does Sims 4 Take Up?
On the average note, a minimum of 15 GB space is required in your system to play Sims 4 game plus 1 GB for game saving and custom content. However, you can reduce or exceed the space depending on the packs and mods you install in the game. The Sims 4 game comes in multiple expansion packs so that you can manage them according to your system. So, we can say the minimum 16 GB space you need for Sims 4.
I’ve discussed some amazing facts in this blog post, including some exciting features and insights of the Sims 4 game. Keep reading!
What is Sims 4?
The Sims 4 is 4th sequel of the Sims game developed by Maxis’ Redwood Shores studio. The game has more than two dozen expansion packs available for Microsoft Windows and Mac. The game is about the life simulation where you can create Sims and control them according to your desire.
It has been more than 20 years now, and the game is still popular just because of the game quality. In Sims 4, you can create and explore life and experience real-life actions, creativity, escape, freedom, and a sense of humour.
What are the Sims 4 system requirements to play?
Thankfully the system requirements are not so hard for playing this game. However, if you have a Windows laptop, PC, or Mac with some good features, you may enjoy it better than a low-budget system. Still, if you have a low specs laptop or PC, you can take advantage of playing this game.
I tried to conclude all types of systems used for playing games, like Windows, Mac, and PC. So head over to one which suits your demands.
PC/Windows Requirements to play Sims 4:
- Operating System (OS): The minimum required OS is 64 Bit with Windows 7 (SPI), 8, 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU): For the Sims 4, you need a CPU with 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or any other CPU equal to these specifications will work better. Like, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): Recommended RAM should be at least 4 GB.
- Hard Drive: The actual size of the Sims 4 pack is around 15GB. So, it would be recommended if you have at least 20 GB of space available in your Hard Drive.
- Disk Drive: If you have a game on a DVD player, you need a DVD Rom Drive to install this game. However, if you buy online, you don’t need Disk Drive.
- Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or the better the video card quality, the better you’ll get the gaming experience. You can also go for other SVCs like ATI Radeon X1300 or Intel GMA X4500.
- DirectX: 9.0, 10, and 11 are good enough.
- Input: Keyboard and Mouse are required to play Sims 4 game.
- Internet: A good speed internet is required to play this game smoothly.
According to my playing experience, I would say that this game can be played on almost all new generation PCs. Because only 4GB RAM is good enough, the PCs with these specs come on a low budget. However, for better gaming like a pro, a PC with high specs will make your time more enjoyable if you don’t want to miss the HD graphics. I would recommend playing Sims 4 efficiently; go for these PC specs:
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon X4
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 650
- RAM: 8 GB is better
- ROM: 20 GB space in hard drive
MAC system requirements for Sims 4 game:
Just like PC, the requirements for Sim 4 in MAC are not so different. The only difference is Operating System (OS). On PC, you use Microsoft Windows, and in MAC, you need Mac. OS X 10.11 EI Capitan. How much space does Sims 4 take up on Mac
The other requirements are:
- CPU: intel core 2 Duo with 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- (How much space does Sims 4 take up on Mac) ROM : 20 GB
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600m GT
- Input: Keyboard and Mouse
- Internet: To play online internet is necessary
On Mac, you can only play Sims 4 by online purchasing because the installation discs are not yet compatible with the Mac. So, it’s recommended to have a hard disk copy of the game you play in Windows. Or the best solution is you go to EA (Electronic Arts) website and purchase one copy digitally.
Frequently Asked Question:
How much space does Sims 3 take up?
- Operating System: For MAC, the macOS with 32 bit, and Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
- Processor: 2.4 GHz P4 processor is required for Sims 3.
- RAM: The minimum RAM is 4 GB.
- Video Card: 128 MB Video Card is good enough to play the game.
- Hard drive: 6.1 GB is required for game installation, and 1 GB extra is required for additional files to save in the system. So on average, we can say 8 GB space is required to play Sims 3 on your PC.
- Internet: Internet with high speed is mandatory to play Sims 3.
Is 8GB enough for Sims 4?
Yes, 8 GB RAM is enough to play Sims 4 on your laptop. You can also play this game with 4GB RAM, which is the minimum requirement to play this game.
How much space does Sims 4 take up with all expansions?
25 GB space is required for Sims 4 with all expansions. The game has multiple files and content packs which require more space to store. If you want to play Sims 4 online, keep enough space on your PC, which can be enough for the game installation.
I hope now you have an idea about the minimum requirements to play the Sims 4 game on your PC or MAC. In the end, I would suggest avoiding using extra files on the backend while playing the game. At the same time, gaming and extra files put pressure on your system, which causes high power consumption, as well as your PC/laptop speed will reduce.
For better and smooth play, focus on gaming and stop using other software. Moreover, now when most laptops come with the 8 GB RAM and 16 GB RAM commonly, go for them. Because the game also has some expansions packs and mods which contain extra space in your laptop.
So if you have got an idea about how much storage does Sims 4 take up on a laptop? Then you can support us by sharing this content on your social profiles. That’s it.